- The data on this site is historical and does not pertain to living people.
- Names and images of living people may be included incidentally such as speakers, authors, contributors, volunteers and community members.
- In some situations current public figures may be identified by name, role, office and image.
- Member accounts may only be set up by the Membership Administrator of the Society and only at the request of the prospective member.
- Personal data is collected about members sufficient only to verify their membership of the Society and to communicate with them.
- The names of members may be visible to other logged-in members.
- Logged-in members may communicate with other EMHS members using a contact form.
- Email addresses, passwords and other personal data are kept private from other members.
- All member data is hidden from anonymous users, search engines and third parties.
Third parties sites
- Third party sites are used by the EMHS website to provide certain site functionality such as mapping, image processing, security, etc.
- Some third party sites periodically take snapshots of the EMHS website for search and archiving purposes. These include search engines such as Google and PANDORA, the web archive of the National Library of Australia.